1. Circa 1975, my school was on TV in a children's pop show hosted by Ed "Stewpot" Stewart called 'Give us a song' or something like that. My one and only TV appearance.
2. I hail from the part of Northern England where Alan Garner wrote his stories of wizards, which is now over-run by WAGs.
3. Linked to fact #2, at the age of six, I ran away from home for half a day with my older brother, to one of the old caves inhabited in Garner's stories by wizards. I spent some time sheltering in a cave during a thunderstorm while my brother 'foraged for food'. The rain put us off, however, and we trudged home with our tails between our legs.
4. My Great-Great-Grandfather worked in India and vanity-published a book of poetry, which I look at from time to time, wondering about my writerly heritage. It is possibly the reason I have never tried my hand at poetry.
5. Linked to fact #3, several of my Great-Great-Aunts were half-Indian and I have distant relatives living in India today.
6. I worked for a short while at ELLE magazine when Sally Brampton was Editor.
7. I've been on a nuclear submarine, and once spent the night in Prince Andrew's room.
I'm nominating the following for a Beautiful Blogger Award:
Gay Degani Words in Place
black white bliss
Wild Writing the Edge